International Conference Travel Awards
The Society has a variable amount of available to support travel of members to the International Congress of Endocrinology, or a similar endocrine-related international meeting.
Applications for travel awards should reach the NZSE Secretary by 31 March each year (see note below). Consideration may be given to applications received at other times or the year.
Awards are given at the discretion of the Executive Council and are not expected to exceed $1000.
Preference will be given to paid members of more than 2 years standing who have not recently received NZSE financial support and for whom other support is not readily available.
To be eligible, the applicant must be a presenting author on a conference abstract describing research conducted at least in part at a New Zealand-based institution.
Applications should adhere to the following formatting guidelines (1 page maximum):
- Postal and email address
- Occupation and employer
- Title and authors of abstract to be presented
- Applicants NZSE membership subscription payment status
- Purpose of grant
- Previous awards from NZSE
- Financial details: (a) total amount sought, and (b) breakdown of costs
- Other financial support applied for/obtained
- Contact details for one referee
- A statement that a brief (half page) report of the activity supported by the travel award will be forwarded to the NZSE Secretary within 1 month of activity completion
This report may be included in the Society newsletter.
Please submit your application to our contact email.