Hello, and Welcome to The New Zealand Society of Endocrinology
We are a non-profit national Society composed of students, scientists, clinicians and other health practitioners who have an interest in any aspect of Endocrinology.
Members of our Society represent a broad cross-section of individuals from diverse clinical and scientific backgrounds. Our overarching goal is to understand, diagnose, and treat endocrine conditions.
We aim to:
- provide a National Identity for clinical endocrinologists and the scientific community.
- provide a mechanism for interacting directly with regulatory bodies such as the Ministry of Health and Pharmac over clinical issues.
- foster collaborations between scientists, clinicians, and students from all corners of New Zealand.
- facilitate the exchange of information amongst members and communication with associated national and international organisations.
- support and mentor emerging scientists and clinicians, and recognise excellence in endocrine research and practice within New Zealand.
How do we do this?
- We offer an annual scientific meeting and a biennial clinical meeting.
- We offer travel awards for students and early career members.
- We recognise achievements within the field of Endocrinology with awards.